The Residents’ Association has vacancies on the committee. Committee members are voted in at the AGM, after handing in a completed nomination form (available here shortly). Each committee member serves for 12 months, and then has the opportunity to either renew membership at the next AGM, or to step down. The only qualification for joining the committee is that you live in Old Sarum.
But what do we do on the committee?
We are involved in:
- Steering the future of the estate, including involvement in consultations about planning and projects like shops and the new Community Building.
- Liaising with Wiltshire Council, the Parish Council, Neighbourhood Watch and the Police on current matters of concern.
- Communicating with other organisations about specific issues such as road safety and parking.
- Answering emails from residents and taking practical steps to resolve their issues.
- Working to keep all residents in touch by putting up posters and delivering flyers when urgent news needs to be shared.
- Setting up Open Meetings to get feedback on big questions from the whole community and talking to our neighbours to find out their concerns.
- Meeting once a month as a committee to report on progress and keep everything moving forward.
We need people with a little bit of time to give, who care about making life better for everyone in Old Sarum.
Not everyone can contribute to all areas, but “many hands make light work” so if it sounds interesting or worthwhile, please consider joining us.
If you have questions about joining the committee, please email email@example.com or call John on 01722410157